Recoy’s mission is to accelerate the energy transition. We help energy-intensive companies to save costs by purchasing energy at the right time, by making better use of the existing energy flexibility and by expanding it. As a result, variable-producing forms of energy such as wind and solar energy are better integrated into the energy system.
About the job
As a Product Owner at Recoy, you will work closely with our talented development team, algorithm engineers, and business stakeholders, to shape the vision and direction of our Real-Time Optimization Platform. You will be responsible for defining and prioritizing product requirements and ensuring that the development team delivers high-quality features that create value for our customers.
- Help define and communicate product vision, strategy, and roadmap, You’ll set the overall direction for the product, based on market research, customer feedback, and other relevant factors;
- Create, maintain, and prioritize the product backlog;
- Prioritizing product requirements and ensuring that the development team delivers high-quality features that create value for our customers;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and prioritize requirements;
- Act as a liaison between the development team and stakeholders;
- Analyze product performance and user feedback to inform future development;
- Continuously improve processes and methodologies to optimize team performance.
You will also have the opportunity to work closely with Heliox, Recoy’s strategic partner in the fast charging systems within public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment, and leverage their global portfolio of fast charging infrastructure to unlock value for Recoy’s customers and accelerate the energy transition.
As a Product Owner at Recoy, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our platform and have a significant impact on the energy transition in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in product management, preferably in the energy, tech, or software development industries;
- Experience working with our development stack (C#, MS SQL, .NET Core, .NET 6+, AWS, and Blazor) is a plus;
- Experience with Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum is a plus;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Proven track record of delivering successful products is a plus;
- Experience working with data-driven products is a plus;
- Knowledge of the energy market is an advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team in an organized and structured manner.
We offer a challenging and diverse role in a dynamic and professional environment, with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are a fast-growing scale-up and a worldwide leader in energy optimization.
The fast-paced start-up Recoy aims to accelerate the energy transition by providing smart solutions to integrate cheap, but highly variable solar and wind energy production into a stable energy system.
We have developed an optimization platform that allows flexible assets such as electrical buses, e-trucks, megawatt-scale electric boilers and large-scale batteries to be controlled in a smart way by reacting to fluctuations in the electricity prices and/or predictions of the production of solar and wind energy. This enables energy-intensive companies to save costs by using electricity when prices are low or even negative and by making better use of and expanding the existing energy flexibility. As a result, we help to keep the electricity grid in balance, reduce congestion on the electricity grid and support the successful integration of sustainable energy sources such as solar and wind energy.
We are currently operating and further developing our ‘Real-Time Optimization Platform’, a cloud-based solution that will be key in accomplishing our goals. It combines the variation in energy prices and production with the customers’ flexibility in energy storage and consumption. By using forecasting models and optimization techniques we can exercise optimal real-time control of flexible energy assets in combination with on-site solar panels and wind turbines.
Recoy recently formed a strategic partnership with Heliox, market leader in fast charging systems within public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment with a strong-focus on vehicle-to-grid technology. The partnerships gives Recoy access to a strong portfolio of DC charging infrastructure and stationary storage that we can optimize to unlock value for our customers and accelerate the energy transition.
Recoy has an informal culture where we solve tangible problems. We like to think out-of-the box and move fast and agile. We are a tight-knit team and believe collaboration is key to deliver the best result for our customers. You will be working in a small but growing team. This means that you will quickly learn about all aspects of Recoy, the energy domain and of course our customers. We value a good work-life balance, so we regularly work from home. Of course, we enjoy and value meeting each other regularly in our comfortable office in Halfweg (near Amsterdam) to meet-up, collaborate and share a good walk, lunch, or drinks.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, than apply and send your CV (and motivation letter) to: Sjoerd Wittkampf email: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have questions? Please contact Sjoerd Wittkampf tel. +31 6 575 66 384
Also, want to work at Recoy but in another position? Please check our career page www.recoy.com.